Gas engineers must be registered with Gas Safe by law to provide legitimate gas safety certificates. We are registered under company number 500907.
We've been providing landlords and estate agents in Bath with gas certificates for years. Almost every street in Bath has had at least one certificate provided by BPM.
If you are a landlord then you will need to have a gas safety certificate issued every 12 months. If you're not a landlord it is still advisable to have the gas safety check done; gas is extremely dangerous and rental properties require one by law for good reason.
We have been shortlisted for awards at both the 2014 and 2015 South West Built Environment Awards including SME of the year.
Our operatives and work practices are closely examined each year by the below organisations. Our company is certified to provide a high standard of work.
BPM Maintenance carries out gas safety inspections in Bath, Bristol, Somerset and Wiltshire.
We offer discounted prices for customers with multiple gas appliances such as gas hobs, gas boilers and gas fires. There is also a significant discount available for customers who get a boiler service done at the same time as their gas certificate.
All of our gas engineers are registered with Gas Safe and can be found on the Gas Safe Register website using the postcode BA1 2XG or the registered company number 500907.
Additionally, all of our gas engineers have a Gas Safe Register ID card with their registered number and photo identification to give you peace of mind that our service is legally compliant and safe.
The rear-side of the card displays a list of the gas engineer's competencies & if you want confirmation that the engineer can handle the work to be carried out, ask to look at this list.
If you are not a landlord it is still advisable to get a certificate for your property each year. Although there are no legal requirements, an annual check will ensure that your gas installation is safe and that your family are not at risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Leaking gas from an unsafe appliance can kill in minutes and even low levels of poisoning can cause brain damage & paralysis. The risk is especially high as carbon monoxide cannot be seen, smelt or tasted.
Each appliance will be included on the record with the following details:
Any faults found during the inspection will be included on the record. These faults must be corrected as soon as possible & any faulty devices must not be used until this has occurred.
The certificate will also include details of the engineer that carried out the inspection including their registration number of with gas safe, contact details and inspection date.Get a free quote